How do we receive your information?
We may receive information about you:
- when you contact us directly, normally via our website or our Customer Service teams, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request.
- from one of our Unbeatablecar sales agents,
- from one of our Unbetablecar Supermarkets
- from one of our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands, and
- occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
Using your information.
We will use your information (which we receive from you or third parties or learn from the way you use our products or services) for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information, products and services for which you have requested,
- to help us identify you when you contact us,
- for general administration purposes,
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services,
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering,
- to help us recover debts,
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services (please see below).
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- our other Group Companies in the UK and abroad,
- our Unbeatablecar sales agents,
- our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands, and
- our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as credit card processors and data management firms.
We do not share your data with any third parties, with the exception of:
- when we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- when we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings,
- when we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you,
- when we are preventing fraud/loss, for example when we may transfer your data to Fraud Prevention Agencies.
If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
NB If you apply for finance from Unbeatablecar, please also see the Guide on how, Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Reference Agencies will use your information both when you apply and during the course of your finance agreement, which is detailed at the end of this policy.
Informing you about our products and services.
We may use your information to contact you with news on vehicles and other products and services (provided by us, our other Group Companies or our carefully selected business partners) which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes.
We may also pass your information to our other Group Companies, sales agents, and our other business partners for these purposes.
We, and these other parties, may contact you by post and phone and, if you give us your prior agreement to do so, by email, SMS and other electronic means.
The range of products and services offered by us, our sales agents, our other Group Companies or our carefully selected business partners include:
- Motor vehicles,
- motor related products and services, including (amongst other things) vehicle finance, leasing and ancillary insurances, vehicle accessories, vehicle emergency service, vehicle warranties and motor insurance, and
- other products, including (amongst other things) insurance.
Some of the products mentioned above are provided by our carefully selected business partners.
You can opt out from receiving marketing communications from us on our vehicles and other products and services by ticking the appropriate box (if providing your information on this website) or at any time by calling us on 01293 550 950, or by writing to us at Unbeatablecar Customer Support, Unbeatablecar, Fleming way, Crawley, RH10 9UH
You can also contact us at the above address or telephone number if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications but would now like to hear from us with news on our vehicles and motorcycles, and other associated products and services.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. For example, we may inform you that when providing your email address you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails or you can contact us at any time at the address or telephone number above.
We try to keep our website secure. However we ask you to recognise that when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Providing information to us.
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you. We will charge you a small fee for this (the statutory fee is currently £10).
You may contact us at the address below for these purposes.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training purposes.
A guide on how Unbeatablecar, Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies use your personal data when you apply for finance from Unbeatablecar.
What we do when you apply to us for finance.
a) We may check our own records and search at Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies for information, including credit details, on you and, if you have one, your financial associates (a financial associate is a person with whom you have, or have had, joint personal financial arrangements such as joint accounts or have made joint credit applications, for example a spouse or partner), other members of your family and if you are an owner, director or partner in a business.
b) We may pass information that is supplied to us to Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies. As well as the information you provide directly to us we may receive information about you from our other Group Companies and our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands and occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
c) If you have any financial associates, we may link and record information about you both in our own records and at Credit Reference Agencies and we, and others, will take their information into account. We may take both your and their information into account in future applications by either or both of you and continue this linking until your agreement ends and one of you notifies us that you are no longer linked. So you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them.
d) We may obtain references and make enquiries about you from other persons and organisations. If we require any guarantee or other security in relation to your obligations under any proposed agreement, we may provide information about your application to the person you wish to provide the guarantee or other security.
e) If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass this information to Fraud Prevention Agencies and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
f) With the information that we obtain we will:
- assess your application for credit,
- check details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities,
- verify your identity and the identity of your spouse, partner or other directors / partners if applicable, and/or
- we may use scoring methods to assess this application and to verify your identity,
- undertake checks for the prevention and detection of fraud and/or money laundering,
- manage your personal and/or business account (if you have one) with ourselves,
- undertake periodical statistical analysis or testing to ensure the accuracy of existing and future products and services,
- undertake market research,
- any or all of these processes may be automated.
What the Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies will do.
a) They will place a search 'footprint' on your credit file whenever they receive a search from us. We will make a search when you apply for credit from us and we may also make searches during the period of any agreement you hold with us. If the search was for a credit application they will place a search 'footprint' on your file whether or not your application proceeds and the record of that search (but not the name of the organisation that carried it out) may be seen by other organisations when you apply for credit in the future.
b) They will link together your records and those of anyone that you have advised is your financial associate, including previous and subsequent names of you and any financial associates. Links between financial associates will remain on your and their files until such time as you and your financial associate successfully files for a disassociation with the Credit Reference Agencies.
c) They will supply to us:
- credit information such as previous applications and the conduct of accounts in your name and of your associates and/or your business accounts,
- public information such as County Court Judgements and bankruptcies
- Electoral Register information, and
- fraud prevention information.
d) If you have an agreement with us, Credit Reference Agencies will record the details that we supply to them on your agreement and how you manage it. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, Credit Reference Agencies will record the outstanding debt.
e) Records shared with Credit Reference Agencies remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
f) The information which we, other organisations and Fraud Prevention Agencies provide to the Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies about you, your financial associates and your business (if you have one) may be supplied by Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies to other organisations and used by them and us to:
- prevent fraud and money laundering by, for example, checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities; checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; checking details of job applications and employees,
- verify your identity if you or your financial associate applies for other facilities including all types of insurance applications and claims,
- assist other organisations to make decisions on credit and credit related services or other facilities, about you, your partner, other members of your household or your business,
- trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe,
- manage credit and credit related accounts and other facilities, and
- undertake statistical analysis and system testing.
g) Law Enforcement Agencies may also access and use this information.
h) We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by Fraud Prevention Agencies.
You can contact the Credit Reference Agencies currently operating in the UK. The information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
Customer Care, Callcredit check, PO Box 734, Leeds, LS1 9GX or call 0845 366 0071.
Equifax Customer Service Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0844 335 0550
Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF or call 0844 481 8000